Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Banff, Canada





Each time I go to Calgary, I learn new things about the area.I've learned where to stay-where not to stay, where to eat-where not to eat, that sort of thing. One of the good things I learned this time was that there is a great little town named, Banff about 2 hours away. Thursday afternoon, I took to the open road and made the trip. Even though it was pouring down rain, there was an outdoor concert going on and the townspeople were out in full effect! Its was great. Banff is a very exclusive town, they actually charge you ($9 per person) to visit!

It would have been great if my road trip partners were with me (Mal and Nick), they would have loved it! Lots of shopping and eating and general merriment! They like that.

On my way back into town, I saw for the first time Calgary's Olympic Village from back in the day too. I saw all of the ski runs and the louge tracks. Its all there still. That's the closest I've ever been to anything Olympic, even though it was deserted, it was still cool

post signature

No comments: