Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Birthday Parties!

After what seemed like a two week-long celebration for Mallory's birthday, we finally wrapped things up on Friday night with a concert. As a present, I took Mallory and Kacie to see Jordin Sparks and Jesse McCartney. I knew right from this start it would be a very specific demographic, MOMs and teenage girls. I was fairly dead on. So, I made sure I had snacks. I always feel like you can get through any situation, as long as you have some good snacks. We had great seats for the fun - the girls had a good time! And, since it was their first concert, we tried to glam it up a bit with makeup, eyeliner and some red streaks in the hair!
Outside of the concert, she also had her first boy-girl party this year. We made a hot pink/lime green palm springs desert theme. Everyone had a good time, it always seems that the group start reallly shy for about the first 2 hours and 45mins, then..... everyone starts to come alive with 15mins left. I am particularly proud of the cupcakes I made this year. They looked pretty, but I guess they tasted good too, cause the kids pretty much snarfed them up! As they get older, it gets harder to fill a loot bag, especially for the dudes. I had no idea. So, I gave them what I thought was funny - Rubber chickens. I love them, I think they are hilarious and it takes me back to rubber chicken shots (of fruit punch Mallory) in the sorority.

No comments: