Thursday, August 14, 2008

79


It is my pleasure to state that I finally broke the 80 barrier in golf this past weekend with a 79 from the tips of the beautiful Westin Kierland course in the enchanting city of Scottsdale, AZ. 7000+ yards of fun on the Mesquite 9 and the Acacia 9 (which is probably one of the better 9's in the valley).





Not sure if it was luck or skill considering I only hit about 4 fairways off the tee, but I'll gladly take it. Up next: Round 2 on the TPC Stadium course Saturday. Miceli and I hope to improve upon our last trip there prior to the wedding where we both played rather average. Luckily Kevin Harper was there to keep our score respectable...I won't even mention what Gibson shot... And yes, that is a picture of Kevin feeding a sheep at Whistling Straits, and yes, the sheep does now have a restraining order against Kevin.





On a final note, I start working Monday so I've got 3 final days of freedom. Going to be wierd going to work again, but it's time to start getting paid. I know Vic's ready for that...



Lastly, because I know no one reads this blog to hear about me, Nick and I went golfing last week and on a par 61 he shot an 87 from the red tees. He doesn't hit it very far yet and he needs to keep working on his putting, but he literally didn't have one miss-hit using his driver or irons. He already has a near perfect swing that he can consistently repeat. Really impressive. Nick has tremendous potential.



post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Craig, you will be brilliant....CoNgRaTs on the job!