Friday, August 1, 2008

Birthday Week(s)!

The end of July always marks the crazy birthday season for me and my family! I think we must set some kind of record for sending the most birthday packages in one week? Here's the rundown;
  1. my dad - July 29th
  2. the kids dad - July 30th
  3. my sister - August 3rd
  4. me :o) - August 5th
  5. Mallory - August 9th

Whew! So, Happy birthday first to my dad! He is exactly 20 years older than me. Its a bummer we can't be with him on his birthday, but we are glad he got the balloons we sent to his office! The kids celebrated their dad's birthday with him on Tuesday night this week and were able to give him the new golf shoes we got him. Sunday is my sister, Steph's birthday. I have no idea what they are planning this year. With our birthday's so close to gether, we usually got the combination party growing up. Maybe we can still blow out the candles simultaneously on the 4th, using the webcam?

And finally, even though there are 4 other family birthdays before hers, Mallory, of course gets the most concentrated effort. Planning for her birthday always starts weeks in advance of any other. This year, she will have her first boy-girl party on Saturday (early because she's with her dad on the 9th). I'm hoping these 7th graders can remain civilized to some degree. Their parents seemed oh-so-eager to drop them off for a few hours? As usual, I am behind on party planning. We will get the party decorations, bake the cupcakes tonight and hope all goes well on Saturday.

Happy Birthday to Dad & Steph! We love you and hope you both had/have fantastic birthdays this year! More to come on my birthday (I hope) and Mallory's, of course.

post signature

No comments: