Friday, June 13, 2008

Palm Springs Baby







I won't bore everyone anymore with the story of how our trip to Maui for a honeymoon got cancelled. (Our airline went under.) I think we just got slapped by the universe for trying to take a huge trip when neither of us had jobs?!









So, while my parents and sister were still in town, we took the chance to get away for a few days to Palm Springs. We thought about San Diego, but SD in May is not very hot and we wanted some pooltime.









We stayed at the Viceroy, Palm Springs which is pretty much in the heart of everything. It was the coolest boutique hotel, very European in style, as evidenced by the God-like, very tan, slender gay men lounging by the pool. Everyone there was super gorgeous and super LA. Very Calvin Klein. Craig likes to tell me that I wasn't cool enough to stay there, which may be true, but then I don't think he was cool enough to stay there either! We had a wonderful, restful stay. We did a couple's massage for the first time and I think Craig is now hooked. He's decided that anytime we go somewhere for vacation, we will book this appt. OK, I won't argue. My therapist was a lovely small-ish man (also very Euro) and so I thought it would be good. The next day though, I felt a little beat up. He was really trying to work out that wedding/job hunt stress, I was pretty sore?

We also did the touristy thing and took the Tramway to the top of the Mountain. From the top, it was a great view and the brisk air up there was a pleasant change. And, it just wouldn't be us if we didn't do a bit of shopping. The Lacoste and Armani Exchange stores were calling our names. We both got some cool things.



All in all a good mini-honeymoon, but we are still planning to go to Hawaii at some point!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Geoff Brown said...

GET R DONE