Thursday, June 26, 2008

a KitKat a day...

So, most of you know by now that I've started a new job. I actually started the week of the wedding and they were kind enough to let me have the 4 days off even though I start with no vacation time whatsoever...



Anyway, I didn't realize how stressful it would be? Before now, I was with the same company for 9 years; I was 23, Mallory was under a year I think and I just had other priorities when I started there. Sad to say, but I was barely paying attention to being the new person. This time though, this means everything to me, I have to find my place within a whole new group of people and run alongside programs for awhile and until I build up enough knowledge to actually lead them. My bosses say I'm waaay too hard on myself, that it will take time and I should chill out. I'm just so used to being the center of project activity though?



So, I have started to eat KitKats. First it was only when I felt stressed out, but the more I get into things, the more stressed I am. So, I've had a KitKat everyday for the last 3 days. I don't know if this is bad or what. I have a real zit now - my first in awhile - I don't think that's directly related to the KitKat because they always say that chocolate doesn't bring it on, but I think the stress does! ha!



mini-congrats to Craig on his first post below! He always tells me I don't update enough, maybe he will bless all of us with the writing skills he's refined in law school? :o)

No comments: