Thursday, June 5, 2008

Last Wedding Post (Behind the Scenes) - Top 10

Don't you love those shows on TV that go behind the scenes of your favorite show or events to let you know what was really supposed to happen or what could have gone wrong? I do - love them! So tonight, I thought I would give you all one last post about the wedding mishaps and misc. facts. Not that anyone cares particularly, but if you were there, it might be interesting to you. And if you were not there (sorry, we could only do very very small) maybe you will still find these things of interest... Here we go. Photos included where necessary.

1. The ceremony table with our unity candle on it had less than 1/3 of the contents it was supposed to have. Looked pretty bare and lame right? Before the wedding, I shipped a box of 'ceremony stuff' to the resort for safekeeping. They kept it so safe, no one could remember where they put it. They kept showing me boxes from the bride who was getting married there on Sunday? There should have been a cool wrought iron cross on the table. See photo.

2. There should have also been a huge creme colored candle in the unity vase. A candle that probably would have been easier to light. But, that was in the lost box too. Instead, the tiny red pillar candle is from a Ross store I stopped at on the way back from getting my hair and makeup done. It was the only store I could find when Abbey called to say the box was really missing. The actual candle looks lovely in the giant vase on our dining room table. In case anyone is wondering, we do not light it together at night.

3. I'm really not sure why Abbey, the wedding coordinator, made Craig wait at the 'alter' for what seemed like an eternity, but was really 7 mins. I'm sure it seemed like 7 years. For the record, I was ready and waiting since 4:40 that afternoon. Despite his efforts to flag me down, did anyone see that?, she still wouldn't let us walk. Oy.. (Craig's only comment: "Abbey is an idiot.")

4. Before Wedding Week Thursday, it had not rained in the valley for 98 days. (!!!!) And typical May months have not received more than .005" of rain for the previous 10 consective years.

5. Most of our out-of-town lady guests now all own the same white cardigan sweater from Target.

6. Craig and I arrived at the courthouse to get our marriage license on Friday afternoon at 5:03, the office closes at 5pm. Thank goodness the Court security guards were too busy planning their Beer Fest Happy Hour to notice the time. We got back to Copperwynd at 6:07, leaving me 23 minutes to get ready for the Welcome dinner. That explains why I look the way I do.

7. My dad was a DJ for 7 years. Maybe 8, not sure. Not even in a previous life or back in the day, this was less than 3 years ago, I think. He digs music and likes to host things, so got into it on the side. He does a great job. I think he misses it.

8. The boutennaires we bought were originally Stephanotis, which would have looked wonderful and fit in with the whole white flower variety theme I had going. However, the petals turned brown prematurely and looked horrible. My dad and brother-in-law took roses from my bouquet, leaves from the peonies and made the boutennaires for the dads and Nick on Friday afternoon.

9. The Welcome dinner was actually outside. Even though it seemed like we were inside (I hope), that room had a temporary roof, which explains the gaps in the ceiling and the water on the floor. That one probably wasn't hard to figure out.

And No. 10...

10. Everyone knows that Chris 'Spud' Psihogios was asleep in his room and missed the entire wedding ceremony! He did not attend the very event for which he even came to town. We know you feel horrible Chris, and we still love you! Someday you will laugh about it like we already do. (Second Craig comment: "Thanks for showing up, Spud. Glad you could at least make dinner and the reception.")

All of these things made our day truly unique, to say the least. It's taken me a little while to realize that even with all of the weather and Plan B's, we had exactly the wedding we planned. We planned to celebrate our wedding with all of our family and close friends, and that's exactly what we did!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your wedding woes. I am a wedding planner for our church, and I can honestly say that these things do happen. I am glad you guys were able to take them all in stride. It really is too bad about the lost box and sleeping friend - !!! ;D -Bridget :)