Wednesday, January 9, 2008

We resolve...

I try not to make any resolutions, as I usually break them within the first month or so. And this year I find myself with a lot of 'tasks', not really resolutions, ie. get a job! plan the wedding? Not including those, these are the things that will guide us through the year.
  • Stop swallowing my gum. You might think this would be a Mal or Nick thing, but its one for me. Its getting really bad (up to 3 pcs a day!) and I don't even know why I do it? My mouth starts to water and down it goes. The kids like to remind me that it will stay there for 44 years if I continue. What to say? Children are very good at 'policing' their parents in the hopes of catching them doing the very things we've previously told them not to do.
  • Keep rooms clean and organize the house. This one is Nick's. He is a very good little organizer, but he is only 8. Stuff gets put away, but maybe not in the place you'd usually expect to find it necessarily or he will throw it away. He has promised Mallory and I that he will not 'file' anything away of ours without telling us.
  • Not surprisingly, Mallory couldn't think of anything, but I came up with 2 for her.
  1. Community service. There is a school for homeless kids that has a clothing room Mallory might work at. My hope is to let her see kids that don't have it as good as she thinks she doesn't.
  2. No more pet sitting from school, I'm afraid. More on the biggest bullfrog I've ever seen in the next post maybe.

No comments: