Monday, February 18, 2008

Winged Do-Gooders


Valentines Day is a big day in our household. For me, its bigger than Christmas, (on the commercial, not spiritual side of course!). Getting the kids ready to take Valentines into class with heart treats and gifts for the teacher is always fun for me. I learned a hard lesson this year; 6th graders are 'over it'. That's less fun, isn't it? Anyway, Cupid sneaks into our house the night before and leaves gifts for all my little sweethearts. The night before Valentines Day, Mallory also popped out a loose tooth! It's not often I get to be.. I mean, we get visits from two winged fairy creatures in one night! Cupid and the Tooth Fairy came to visit Mallory with gifts and cash - her two favorite things. When I woke up to take the kids to school, they had already opened all of their valentines things and Mallory was putting her money in her secret hiding place that we all know about.


Craig and I also celebrated V-tine's day last weekend, since we aren't together during the week. We had plans for a night out for some great seafood, but after running wedding errands all day we were exhasuted. So, we settled in at home with some Chinese take-out, a few presents, some champagne and yummy desserts!

No comments: