Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Something to Do


I have joined a gym. This will give me something to do while I wait for HR managers in Phoenix to call me back. I'm excited to start, I have my official appt with the trainer tomorrow am. He'll take all of my measurements, height, weight and measure my body fat. I'm not really looking forward to that part of it, but its necessary I guess. I can also let him know what my goals are and he will tailor workout activities for me for the next 30 days. From taking classes to laps in the pool, he will spell out every workout from now until the end of March and every 30 days thereafter. I need that supervision for sure.

Its a great gym, a smaller gym that's not really a meat market, like the LA Fitness I belonged to in college. There's a pool, a sauna room, jacuzzi, spa and tanning beds in addition to all of the fitness equipment they offer. I forgot to check out the Kidz Zone, but I've heard they have a climbing rock wall and a dance pad game workout for kids too.
I'm glad to have something to do now, while I wait for the program management position I'm meant to have. To quote Elle Woods, 'Exercising releases endorphins and endorphins make you happy'. That's me!

No comments: