Saturday, November 3, 2007

Halloween - its in my blood!

"Britenstein" - she hates us I think...

Notice the rat... nice touch....

Mike's Halloween/Birthday party


Creepy Vampire(ss)


When I was a kid, my dad was involved with a community organization that would do a haunted house every year. I remember cleaning out trailors, painting black and white slanted floors, strobe lights, my Uncle Sam made into Dracula and stashed in a real coffin (creepier to me now that I'm grown up!) and getting my nose cleaned out with Q-tips because of all the construction 'yuck' my sister and I would breathe in.

It was my mom who always took us out trick or treating, while Dad and others in his group patrolled the neighborhoods for T.P. and egg pranksters; inconvenient for me when I became of that age. I remember making glitter wands in elementary school, a Rubik's cube in Jr High ( oops, I dated myself there) and mom even sewed me and a friend some green M costumes for high school.

This year all of my family Halloween 'training' paid off. We went all out scary for Nick as a Vampire and Mallory as a Vampiress. The kids looked downright dead this year and I hope I've done the Pulli's proud. I also hope that Mallory and Nicholas will continue to have seriously spooky fun on this night as they grow up.

Next year Dad, I will need your recipe for fake blood, the stuff you get in the store just isn't any good!? Check out our photos!

`

1 comment:

Frank said...

Oh the things I could tell you kids about Halloween... Nice rat Vicki. What is it with you girls and rats?? Steph had 2 of my rats over Halloween. Pappa has a big rubber rat. He's a little over a foot tall. I put him out on the front porch for Halloween. We only get 8 trick or treaters here at Halloween. I guess I scare the kids away. Actually no one turns their lights on.
Vicki, Take these kids to the eye doctor and have their eyes checked. Something is wrong with them.