Thursday, October 25, 2007

Blah on Blog

For those who read our blog, I must apologize for not updating. Our family (well, just me - the kids were in San Diego with their dad) has been a little 'tilted' the past two weeks.

My company has decided to "close or divest" our division. They've basically given up on our technology and they're cutting us loose. We found this out last week. Being with the company for almost 10 years, I've got a great severance package and can't complain, but its the end of an era for me and is a bit stressful. I know I'll be completely fine, but as a first time manager of actual staff, telling your team the news is not ideal and I can't help but be concerned for them. They have not been with the company as long as I and their packages are not so good, so I worry - especially knowing each of their personal circumstances so well. We're a tight team.

We've got some cool things coming up though; Halloween, pictures the kids took while on vacation and things like that. So keep checking back!

Love,
Victoria, Mallory & Nicholas

No comments: