Thursday, September 11, 2008

Memphis or Bust!

Didn't someone famous say that? Was it Elvis?
Craig and I are sitting in the Memphis airport waiting for our connection to North Carolina, where we will visit with several friends he went to college with. Should be fun as long as the weather holds. Craig/Matt H./Matt G./Geoff B. are known for bringing the rain though.


Several observations we are making as we sit at the bar. I've seen about 5 people with rolled up sleeping bags. What is this for? Do they hop in the bag whilst on the plane? Craig said maybe they are taking a flight to go camping. Wha? Camping, with no other gear, just the bag? I think not. It's weird.



Additionally, while Vic was heading to the restroom, I observed 2 45 year old men arguing about where one can find the best BBQ, KC or Memphis. Further, the guy behind me was putting 2k on the Tarheels in tonights football game. Matt Hunt summed it up best when he said, "Detroit is dead so I vote Memphis as the nations shadiest town."


NOTE: Clearly there were several contributors to this post. I said Riebe had the rain curse and he added the rest of his crew.

post signature

No comments: